- Urban Platter Aluminum-Free Baking Powder, 250g / 8.8oz [Pack of 2, Double Acting, Gluten-free]
- Doesn’t leave any particular bitter taste in your baked products
- Use 1 table spoon (25g) of Baking Powder per 500g of Flour
- Can be used to make cakes, cookies, biscuits, muffins etc.
- Urban Platter – Simply Good Food! 🙂
Baking powder contains baking soda. It is a mixture of baking soda, cream of tartar (a dry acid), and sometimes cornstarch. The baking powder by Urban Platter is a healthier and better way to bake your products as it does not contain aluminum and it is double acting.
- Aluminum free
- Double-acting formula
- Helps deliver consistent baking results
- Store in a cool and dry place
TEST THE BAKING POWDER
An easy way to see if the baking powder still has bubble capability is as follows:
- Pour 3 Tablespoons of warm water into a small bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Give it a light stir.
- The mixture should moderately fizz if the powder is fresh.
- If there is no reaction, toss the baking powder
Baking powder can lose its lifting power over time if it’s not stored in a cool dry place. So keep it free from humid conditions, since extra moisture
ALTERNATIVE FOR YEAST
Since it is a leavening agent, it is predominantly used in cake recipes. It can be substituted for yeast in quick bread recipes
PERFECT FOR ALL YOUR BAKING NEEDS
Baking powder is an important part of baking and confectionery as it used to increase the volume and lighten the texture of